Friday, November 2, 2007

Woman


Woman is the everlasting encumbrance
Of time, a garden, and a coiled serpent.

Insatiable in her want of warm rocks
Long conversations while listening more
Of exuberance versus stillness of thought
And seemliness of the soul

But still within her longings
Linger memories of serpentine-thoughts
Manipulation of destiny
That link to a garden and a tree.

Fangs hidden by sensuous moist lips
Crush fresh fruits from the garden
And draw sweetness where they can
It is a needful thing
And only then is she sated.

And so,
With the setting of the sun…

Eve falls.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, sensual and yet strong. I like it.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Oh, I like this one....A LOT! It encompasses what I feel a WOMAN is about....strength, beauty, truth, sensuality. This is a beautiful piece Roberta.

Roberta S said...

Thanks, susan. The secret of our gender is abridged in your simple comment -- "sensual and yet strong".

Roberta S said...

I am glad it encompasses all the things you feel, joy.

Thanks for your very kind complements.

Spicy said...

Thank you Roberta...for all the nice things you just said about me...I do appreciate it.

Roberta S said...

matty, and I thank you for your gracious acknowledgement of my opinion that you are sweet but not so sweet that you weaken. Always, you remain, brave and a force to be reckoned with.

Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this lyrical & - yes - sensuous glimpse into the camp of then enemy, Roberta!

Roberta S said...

dick, you are most welcome. I am totally flattered when an Emglish Poet with such a magical way of weaving words trimmed with fringes of thought that are so provocative comes a-callin'. Not certain if you're English, but still, that would be you.

You're comment makes me think -- 'more knowledge, less weapons'.