Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sky Ways 1.












Pastel origami
Inter-folds of
Luminosity
Withered and prostrated.

Breathless tide
In a river lock
Without perfume of
Tangle, or wrack

Fermented rills of foam
Agitate the borders of
A sandwiched abstraction.

Painted in frolic
By a terrestrial artist—
With medium of
Atmospheric suspension,
And a soft brush of light.

NOTE: This poem (and my previous post), gave me an inspiration to try to write a Sky Poem once a week inspired by some changing cloud formation. But to be totally honest, my inspirations, though passionate initially, are usually short-lived (and I no longer do commitments). Still…who knows?

Want to join me?

4 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

A truly beautiful piece Roberta. Thank you....

Roberta S said...

And thank you, Joy, for letting me know that. Nice encouragement.

Pauline said...

The last two lines sum it up so nicely - you are brave to try a sky poem once a week. Can't wait to read more.

Roberta S said...

Pauline, thank you for calling me 'brave'. That is so flattering to my deflated ego, I may take it up as a challenge to write more sky poems with 'more bravery' than 'common sense'.