Monday, May 10, 2010

Baby Business



My apologies for blogging so sporadically, but it is a busy time of year.

With gardening threatening to take up all my time very soon, I had to rush to complete another task. I wanted to make a welcome gift for a new little resident expected in our community in early June.

It has become a tradition in this area, that when a new wee resident moves in, Roberta makes that new babe a quilt. And so for this latest expectation in early June, I did just that. (unfortunately the picture is not as clear as I would have liked).

Now I found while shopping for fabric I couldn’t resist a flannelette of cute black and white sheep. But when the quilt was finished I felt it needed something to make it, you know, a little bit special. More special than just a repetition of black sheep bodies and white sheep bums.

So when assembling the quilt, I used white yarn and made quilting ties at the neck of the sheep. Worked okay but still that quilt lacked some special adornment. Unable to come up with anything, I asked Hub what to do.

I laughed at his suggestion and I continue to laugh at the result. He suggested I give one sheep a mouthful of green grass, and so that is what I did. Is it not both cute and funny?



4 comments:

Pauline said...

perfect!

Roberta S said...

Thanks, Pauline.

Joy Des Jardins said...

Cute? It's downright adorable! What a great suggestion from Hub...I love it Roberta. I love the white quilting ties at the necks of the sheep too...clever you. Your quilt is beautiful; and what a wonderful present for that new little one. You are the best! Love, Joy

Roberta S said...

Thank you for that lovely comment, Joy. I don't know why I find this decoration so funny but every time I think about it or look at it, I start to laugh out loud. Maybe because only Hub could come up with something that unique.

I think from your comment it may have amused you a good deal as well...and that is a good thing.